Once a year is recommended for dryer vent cleaning. Clean more often if you do large amounts of laundry, you have a long and/or angled dryer duct, or you spot any of the following “clogged vent warning signs”:
· Laundry loads take longer than usual to dry
· Clothes are hot when you take them out
· Your lint trap collects more gunk than normal
· The dryer’s exterior is hot (not just warm) to the touch
· The air in your laundry room feels exceptionally warm and/or humid
· You detect a smell of scorching or burning near the dryer
· The outside dryer vent cap or louver is not opening normally
Every year, firefighters across the country respond to around 14,630 home fires caused by clothes dryers, according to the National Fire Protection Association.
Failure to clean the dryer (34 percent) is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires.
More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
Contact us for a free estimate and evaluation for all your dryer vent needs.